Parent Education & Counseling Services
Counseling Solutions has a long-standing contractual relationship with Butte County Children’s Services Division (CSD) to provide Parent Education and Counseling Services in a variety of groups and individual sessions, for parents who have had their children detained and placed into Foster Care. Please speak with a CSD Social Worker about being referred to the program.
Parent Engagement Counseling (PEC)
8-week counseling groups with targeted curriculum designed to help clients process their emotions/thoughts and ultimately become willing to accept responsibility for their role related to the detention of their child(ren) and successfully move forward.
- Manage emotions; i.e. grief, loss, anger, etc.
- Learning & ultimately navigating the CSD system
- Accepting responsibility
- Identifying values and their impact
- Developing goals for the future
Nurturing Parenting (NP)
16-week parenting classes utilizing the Nurturing Parenting® Curriculum. Classes cover creating physical & emotional safety, positive discipline, appropriate expectations, and healthy family topics tailored to the needs of the participants.
- Anger Management
- Drug, Alcohol & Family Violence
- Positive Ways to Deal with Stress
- Ages & Stages of Child Development
- Communicating with Respect
Intensive Group Counseling (IGC)
4-week counseling groups designed to help clients to understand themselves on a deeper level, learn healthy communication, and form better relationships.
- Myers-Brigg Personality Type Indicator
- Ego States
- Resolving Conflicts thru effective communication
- Break the cycle of Persecutor, Rescuer, & Victim
- Establishing Boundaries
Treatment Focused Counseling (TFC)
Individual, couples, or family sessions with a counselor to address ongoing concerns related to reunification with their child(ren).
- Thorough Individual Assessment
- Mutually designed Treatment Plan
- Strategies & Interventions to reach goals
- Crisis Management
- Trouble shooting problem areas
- Support, Coaching, & Guidance